Anfibio Rebel 2K
Anfibio Rebel 2K is the latest packraft from Anfibio. Rebel 2K is a packraft suitable for those looking for a very lightweight, weather resistant packraft, at a reasonable price. The packraft has a total weight of just 1975 grams and takes no more space in your bag than a 2 liter pet bottle!
Character and use
On long trekking tours with lake crossings, where the boat is little used, to extended river tours on fast-moving waters, the Rebel 2K can do it all. From expeditions to after-work paddles, with the emphasis of land-water use, the Rebel 2K will inspire you for great adventures. Although the Rebel 2K can sustain whitewater use (due to its shape, volume and spraydeck configuration), it is not designed specifically for whitewater.
The boat is paddled kayak style and is inﬂated with a big inﬂation bag which attaches to the boat via a screw-in valve.
The Anfibio Rebel 2K distinguishes itself with a unique spraydeck design:
- J-shaped opening for ergonomic handling and reliable closure
- the zipper-velcro combination is fast, safe and comfortable to use
- the long chimney offers freedom of movement and good coverage
- very light, no loose parts to mess with
- sealed seams and a nicely taught cover
- easily re-configurable as an open boot
The spraydeck extends the Rebel 2K’s range of applications enormously. Whether on white water, splashes or in cold, rainy conditions, the cozy spraydeck adds comfort and safety. The spraydeck is easy to open and close, but the Rebel can also be paddled in open configuration (spraydeck fixed/rolled up). This makes the packraft suited to tours with frequent exits, e.g. when portaging, scouting, emergency exits or training sessions.
Anfibio TubeBags are two centrally positioned, IPX7-rated waterproof luggage compartments holding 70 litres each with waterproof zippers and inner pockets. The luggage compartment and the main hull air chamber are two separate air spaces. The zippers don’t have to be airtight to function because it’s not necessary by design. The system retains its integrity, even with slightly opened zippers. This makes the seal very resistant to dirt and wear.
Other TubeBag benefits
- the transport capacity of the boat is considerably increased
- luggage is automatically positioned correctly and secured against slipping
- the transport inside the tubes ensures a low centre of gravity,
- protection against moisture and wind compared to exterior bags
Set up: Open zipper, stow the luggage (load the inside pockets), close the zippers, then inflate the main air chamber. Top up air pressure after initial use.
Break down: Open the main valve first! Then open the TubeBag zippers and unload the luggage.
Seat and fin
The mount for a skeg (fin) is attached as standard, but the fin itself is an extra accessorie. The fin increases directional stability, paddle efficiency and speed. This is particularly useful for sea crossings or when taking photographs from the boat. The Anfibio Rebel 2K is equipped with a comfortable seat and also a carrying strap inside of the boat.
Material and workmanship
Like all Anfibio Packrafts, the Rebel 2K is made from a special 210/420 urethane nylon fabric which has a high tear and abrasion resistance combined with low weight. The smooth, shiny surface of the tube coating is particularly scratch resistant.
All the boat’s seams are fully welded and the tube seams are additionally sewn, making it a completely glue-free construction. This saves weight, costs and the environment!
Anfibio offers an extended 3-year warranty on materials and workmanship. No inﬂatable is indestructible of course, but in the (unlikely) event of damage, in the ﬁeld repairs can be made within a couple of minutes with a patch n go kit. Small pinholes can be sealed with Stormsure, a liquid urethane sealant.
What is included?
- Pack strap
- Inflation bag
- Inflatable comfort seat with integrated backrest
- Repair fabric (spare tube and floor material)
- User’s manual
- Tubes: 210D Urethane-Nylon (single-sided, multiple coating and surface finish)
- Spraydeck: 75D Urethane-Nylon (single-sided coating)
- TubeBags: 75D Urethane-Nylon (single-sided coating)
- Floor: 420D Urethane-Nylon (double-sided, multiple coating and surface finish)
- Seat: Nylon 210D/118T laminated
Parallel hull, high-volume bow and stern, flat floor, roll-up spraydeck with J-shaped zip-velcro-fastener, 7 grab loops (4 bow, 2 stern, 1 hand strap), main one-way valve, seat strap.
Glue-free construction with sewn and welded seams
- Boat without TubeBags: 1975g
- Boat with TubeBags: 2375g
- Seat: 295g (removable)
- Pack strap: 25g
- Inflation bag: 100g
- Repair fabric: 20g
- Length: 127cm
- Width: 37cm
- Length: 231cm
- Width: 91cm
Tube diameter: 27cm
without TubeBags: about 30 x 20cm
with TubeBags: 30 x 25cm