Gossamer Gear Murmur 36
Made of 30 and 70 denier Robic nylon, and coated on both sides with silicone for weather protection, this is the impossibly light pack for that solo mission up Exum Ridge or a weekend summit bid for Mt. Humphreys in the Sierra. If you can weigh in your gear at around 15 pounds, this is your pack. If you’re not sure if it’s the right pack for you, it probably isn’t.
- Roll-top closure buckles for streamlined shape, but can clip together in ‘dry bag’ style to use extension collar.
- Removable padded waist belt with integrated pockets, adjustable to two torso heights.
- Unisex (Men’s and Women’s) shoulder straps and waist belt constructed with low profile, but super comfortable, highly breathable wall mesh.
- Trekking pole holders and ice axe holder can be used at same time, with removable Velcro loops to secure items to pack.
- Large mesh pocket for drying items, or quick storage on trail without opening pack.
- Stretchy back panels hold included sit pad, or a thin sleeping pad, saving inside pack space, and allowing pad to be pulled out during rest breaks.
- Hydration tube port and guide straps.
- Removable/adjustable sternum strap.
Weight (all weights are approximate and average there is some slight variance)
- Pack body 7.9 oz / 224 g (down from 8.5 oz)
- Fast belt 2.5 oz / 70 g
- Sitlight Pad 2.1 oz / 60 g
- Total 12.5 oz / 354 g
- 2200 c.i. (36 l.) total
- 1,700 c.i. (28 l.) in main pack body to extension collar seam
- 500 c.i. (8 l.) in main pocket
- 20 lb maximum carry capacity, 15 lbs for comfort.
- 30 and 70 denier Robic nylon
- ultralight micro mesh
- Lightweight and incredibly waterproof fabric rated to 3000 mm H2O but we have taken it over 4000
- Height 21” / 53.34 cm
- Width 10.5” / 26.67 cm
- Depth 6 “ / 15.24 cm
- Extension collar adds another 9″ / 22.86 cm of height