Seek Outside Kenai
The Kenai is a lean and functional ultralight hunting pack, stripped of everything you don’t need, with smart pockets to give you just enough organization in just the right places.
Please note that hip belt is sold separately.
Handmade in Grand Junction, Colorado, USA.
Why it’s Compelling
- Minimum Trail Weight
- UltraPE 400 – 3 lbs 10 oz
- Volume – 5400 ci | 89 L (not counting pocket volume)
- Face pocket adds around 1000 ci.
- Two zippered security pockets.
- Asymmetrical side pockets with right side water bottle pocket and left side tall pocket for spotter, tripod, or tent.
- Load Range – 200+ lbs
- Field Adjustable Frame Height
- 24” frame for light to moderate loads
- 26” frame for moderate to heavy loads
- 28” frame for heavy loads or long torsos.
- Quick tool-less field adjustment via Frame Extensions.
- Integrated Platform – simple and lightweight.
- Made in Colorado by people who are passionate about the same pursuits you are.
The frame is 24″ on delivery, but it can be adjusted with a frame extension to 26″ (2″ extension) or 28″ (4″ extension). Frame extensions are used if you are going to carry a lot of weight, but also if you have a longer upper body. See table below for information if you need to add extensions to your order.
For more information on how to measure your torso length, see Seek Outside’s article “Which Frame Height is Right for me?“.
Example: If you have a torso length of 45 cm and plan to carry 15 kilos in the backpack, you should extend the frame with 2″ extensions so you get a frame of 26”.
|Torso length||Carrying weight up to 13 kg||Carrying weight 13-23 kg||Carrying weight above 23 kg|
|15″-16″ (38-41 cm)||24″||24″||24″ eller 26″ (add 2″ extensions)|
|17″-19″ (42-48 cm)||24″ or 26″ (add 2″ extensions)||26″ (add 2″ extensions)||26″ eller 28″ (add 2″ and/or 4″ extensions)|
|20″+ (49 cm+)||26″ (add 2″ extensions)||26″ or 28″ (add 2″ and/or 4″ extensions)||28″ (add 4″ extensions)|
- Weather resistant design:
- Our packbag fabrics are forever waterproof.
- Rolltop closure is highly water resistant.
- No packbag zipper reduces potential water entry points.
- No raincover needed, though Seam Sealing and / or drybags for sensitive gear are smart in very wet conditions.
- Asymmetrical side pockets
- Right side – water bottle pocket large enough for two Nalgenes (or a rifle butt).
- Left side – tall side pocket large enough to accept an 80 mm spotting scope, tripod, or tent.
- Large stuff pocket on face with mesh drainage.
- Two zippered security pockets on face.
- Shroud pocket functions as a lid with a day load.
- Main packbag zipper opens from top down or bottom up, allowing easy access even when rolltop is closed.
- Optional hip belt pockets, top lid, and Talons for more organization.
- Pass through hydration port.
- Asymmetrical side pockets
- Gatekeeper Compression:
- Six side straps (three on each side)
- Two bottom straps
- One over the top strap
- Load shelf
- Internal load shelf anchor points
- Compression straps are moveable and removable. Add extras if you need them. Connect two together to make extra long straps for big or awkward loads.
- 4-Way Forward Pull hipbelt closure with single center buckle allows top / bottom tension adjustment, easy to use.
- 6061 T6 Aluminum Revolution Frame (Patented)
- One removable aluminum horizontal cross stay.
Load Rating – 200+ lbs
Our frame will support over 300 lbs in vertical load. YOUR max load will be determined by your body, not by the pack.